Written by |on 1 September, 2022
Following the newly issued Decree 58, 2022 dated 31 August 2022 on management of INGOs’ operation in Vietnam, INGOs in Vietnam have following responsibilities (Article 21):
- Register and operate, comply with the provisions of Vietnamese law.
- Coordinate with Vietnamese partner agencies in implementing activities according to the registered areas and fields specified in the Registration Certificate.
- Within 10 working days after receiving the Registration Certificate, notify the opening, use or change of the bank account in Vietnam.
- Within 45 working days after receiving the granted, extended, amended, supplemented Registration Certificate, notify the People’s Committee at provinces or centrally run cities where INGOs operate or are expected to operate, the plan on implementation of its operation
- Prepare annual and ad hoc operational reports upon request, send them directly or via postal service or online to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Ministry of Planning and Investment, and the local authorities managing INGOs’ operation and the Committee for Foreign Non-Governmental Organization Affairs. The report shall be prepared following the template (Form No. 05) specified in Decree 58, 2022. The deadline for submitting reports is the 18th of the last month of the reporting period. The reported data is calculated from December 15 of the year preceding the reporting period to December 14 of the reporting period.
- Update information of INGOs on the database of INGOs within 10 days from the date of change.